Louis Chen, David Simchi-Levi. (2017). "On the Structure of Cardinality-Constrained Assortment Optimization."
- Ph.D in Operations Research, MIT, 2019 (expected)
- B.A. in Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, 2012
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Rice University, 2012
- Summer 2018: Research Intern
- Machine Intelligence Technology group of Alibaba’s DAMO
- Duties included: 1.) Distributionally Robust Analysis and Design of cloud scheduling, 2.) Distributionally Robust Algorithm design for HEMA’s omni-channel inventory replenishment system
- Summer 2017: Visiting Research Scholar
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Duties included: Research on Distributionally Robust Optimization with Marginals.
- Supervisor: Professor Karthik Natarajan
- Fall, Spring 2014-18: Research Assistant
- Duties included: (Thesis Research) Robust Optimization in Operations/Revenue Management
- Supervisor: Professor David Simchi-Levi
- Fall 2013 - Spring 2014: Research Assistant
- Duties included: FDA - sponsored study of Food and Drug Supply Chain Vulnerabilities
- Supervisor: Professor Retsef Levi
- Fall 2012 - Spring 2013: Research Assistant
- Duties included: Simulation-Based Optimization
- Supervisor: Professor Carolina Osorio
Other Professional Activities
- Reviewer for Mathematics of Operations Research
- Referee for Sloan Sports Analytics Conference (2015-2019)
- Invited Attendee in both the Doctoral Student and Teaching Effectiveness Colloquia, INFORMS Annual Meeting, 2018
- C/C++, Java, Python, MATLAB, Julia, R, LATEX
Louis Chen, Will Ma, Karthik Natarajan, David Simchi-Levi, Zhenzhen Yan. (2018). "Distributionally Robust Linear and Discrete Optimization with Marginals." Revise and Resubmit (Operations Research).
Louis Chen, Will Ma, James Orlin, David Simchi-Levi. (2018). "Distributionally Robust Max Flows with Marginals." In preparation, to be submitted. 1(2).
Talk at Informs Annual Meeting (2016), Nashville, Tennessee
Talk at National University of Singapore, Singapore
Talk at Informs Annual Meeting (2017), Houston, Texas
Talk at 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Programming, Bordeaux, France